Fundraising ideas at school, college and university
Calling all teachers! If you're interested in raising funds for us, please take a look through our list of fundraising ideas for schools, colleges and universities to help inspire you. Request our fundraising pack today and our fabulous events team will contact you to support you with your plans
Fundraising in schools
Inspire students in your school to fundraise and be AnimalKind by arranging for a volunteer speaker request to come and explain our work and how your fundraising could help thousands of vulnerable animals across England and Wales.
Please also take a look at our free lesson plans for teachers, including activity sheets, ideas for assemblies and school councils.
- Dress up or down! - Dress down Friday and everyone pays a pound. You could dress up, or give it an animal fancy dress theme with an "animal onesie" or "animal character day." Share animal facts and have competitions to raise extra funds.
- Guess the name of the rescue dog - Use our Guess the name of the rescue dog poster (PDF 480KB) to raise funds, charge a pound per guess and offer a small prize.
- Sweets in a jar - Fill a jar with sweets - ask for a pound donation to guess the number of sweets and the closest answer wins the treats.
- Supermarket collection - A great way to raise funds in one morning is a supermarket collection, who can say "no" to having their bag packed!? Read our guidelines for booking with your local supermarket (PDF 128KB) as each supermarket is different.
- Seasonal party - Halloween, Easter, Christmas - Hold your own Halloween, Easter or Christmas party. Make it fancy dress, bake ghostly cupcakes, or hold an Easter egg hunt. Raise funds asking for donations per game. Use our events planner (PDF 3.93MB) to keep track of your fundraising activities throughout the year.
- Other fundraising ideas include a school disco, guess the name of the teddy or sponsored silence. If you are collecting funds offline please do use our sponsorship form (PDF 1.36MB).
Fundraising fun at college
Get your college friends together and hold a fundraiser. Have fun whilst fundraising and make a difference.
- Throw sponges - If you're feeling brave why not ask your friends to donate, to throw soapy sponges at the teachers? Just make sure you ask the teachers first!
- The Apprentice - Each team is challenged with raising as much as they can, starting with just £10. You could sell sweets, make friendship bands or even charge for a service, such as a car wash (PDF 48KB).
- Battle of the bands or talent contest - Host a battle of the bands or a talent contest, a fun and different way to help raise money. Charge an entrance fee. You could even ask some of the teachers to be a judge. Use our handy poster (PDF 240KB) and invitation cards (PDF 180KB) to help promote your event, we also have printable bunting.
- Other fundraising ideas at college include holding a ball, selling crafts or a sports tournament.
Fundraising ideas at University
Fundraising at university, is the perfect way to add new skills to your CV and raise some cash for charity.
- Fashion show - Dream of working in fashion and want experience organising your own event? Hold your very own fashion show, read our fashion show guidelines (PDF 108KB). Why not invite local designers and charge a small fee.
- RAG week - Get involved in your university RAG week, held at the beginning of your academic year. A week of events to help you meet new people and fundraise for your beneficiary charity. We have lots of publicity materials and will be on hand to help make your fundraiser even more successful in our fundraising pack.
- Quiz - Organise a quiz night. We have come up with some great quiz questions for you! Charge teams £5 to play. Read our guidance on holding your own quiz (PDF 384KB).
- Dryathlon - Could you go all weekend without alcohol!? Perhaps not during Freshers week! But a great challenge whilst at university and worthy of sponsorship. Set up your fundraising page on JustGiving.
- Other ideas include zumbathon, sleep outdoors, karaoke or university challenge. Use our poster (PDF 240KB) to shout about your event.