River Adur swim
When: Saturday, 29 August 2020
Where: Shoreham-by-sea, West Sussex
Registration fee: £35
Fundraising target: Set your own fundraising target
Every day animals are abused and treated with cruelty. You can help change this by taking part in the River Adur Swim and fundraising for Team Animal. Together, we can make the world a kinder place for all animals.
The River Adur 5km Swim is now in its fourth year. With the tide with you all the way it'll definitely be the quickest 5km you'll ever swim. There are two categories: Fin Swim and Just Swim.
- Just Swim is for swimmers looking for another challenging swim unaided.
- Fin Swim is just that, you can wear a pair of fins of your choice to speed your way to finish.
We'll take you by vintage coach to the start, drop you off at high tide and you make your way back to Shoreham-by-Sea on the tide. You'll have to negotiate the sandbanks and bridges for the quickest route, we guarantee some of you will run aground! The closer you get to Shoreham the tide will pick through the sandbanks and mussel beds to push you all the way to the finish line.
Competitors will receive a memento, hot and cold drinks, flapjack, silicone swim cap and Protein Balls from the organisers. Shoreham town centre is conveniently located across the bridge with plenty of bars and restaurants along the river for that perfect post race drink or meal!
Neoprene wetsuits are compulsory - Please check with the organisers if you are unsure what wetsuit you need or if you would like to hire one.
All our Swimmers will benefit from:
- A welcome pack with fundraising help and materials
- Training guides for different abilities
- Access to a Facebook group where you can chat to other swimmers
- Support from our dedicated events team to help you smash your fundraising target