Date: Various dates in 2020
Duration: 9 days
Registration fee: £395
Fundraising target: £3,050 (other entry options are available)
Discover one of the Great Wonders of the World for us and trek along the Great Wall of China!
Explore the Great Wall of China
Originally constructed to defend China against the nomadic tribes, the Great Wall of China is a truly iconic location - perfect for a charity challenge that will transform you.
The Great Wall Discovery is a thrilling challenge of twists, turns, ups and downs.
Beginning four hours north of Beijing, this week-long challenge tackles a series of vigorous upwards climbs and over 10,000 relentless steps, following the winding path along the Yan Mountains, either side of the Gubeikou Gateway.
Exhaustion will quickly vanish as you savour the sweeping views of the surrounding mountain ranges.
The Great Wall of China trek ends in the vast metropolis of Beijing, exploring the cultural highlights of the country's historic capital.
You'll have expert English speaking guides who'll be with you every step of the way, managing your challenge while providing historical context to the Great Wall and surrounds.
- Conquer the imperial masterpiece of the Ming dynasty
- Test yourself against thousands of challenging steps
- Triumph over the crumbling, twisting pathways of the Yan Mountains
- Savour the timeless landscapes and time- weathered watchtowers
- Enjoy the cultural highlights of China's bustling capital city
How we'll support you
We'll be there to help you every step of the way. If you trek for us, you'll get:
- Free RSPCA trekking t-shirt
- Dedicated fundraising support from our friendly events team
- Fundraising materials to help you reach your target
- Helpful training advice
- A Facebook page to chat to your fellow trekkers
Get in contact with us
If you have any questions about the trip or fundraising, we are here to help! Call us on 0300 132 0598 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org