null Wildlife Assistant
We're recruiting a Wildlife Assistant to join our brilliant team of Wildlife Assistants, vets, vet nurses and volunteers at RSPCA East Winch Wildlife Centre, Gayton Road.
Since the RSPCA was founded in a London coffee shop in 1824 we have, by all lawful means, strived to prevent cruelty, promote kindness to and alleviate the suffering of all animals. It's inspiring to think how much more of a difference we can make, and if you'd like to be a part of the organisation, this is your opportunity.
You will play a fundamental role in supporting the rescue, rehabilitation and release of a variety of British wildlife including orphaned and injured wild animals, from hedgehogs to seal pups. We care for our patients for as long as it takes to get them fit for return to the wild.
What you'll be doing
- Feeding, cleaning and caring for sick and injured and orphaned British wildlife.
- Assisting with the release of wildlife including the identification, surveying and preparation of release sites as well as the transportation of the animal to the release
- Carrying out care and rehabilitation procedures involving hands-on treatment, monitoring all sorts of wildlife species (requiring different approaches).
- Ensuring the cleanliness, hygiene and maintenance of all areas, including pens, aviaries, pools, treatment rooms, kitchen and storage areas.
- Accurately recording information and assisting in the collation of statistics.
- Representing the centre at wildlife meetings where required.
- Contributing towards centre fundraising activities.
- Previous animal care experience preferably in an animal welfare or animal charity based establishment.
- Wild animal handling, assessment and first aid skills.
- Ability to plan your day effectively.
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised.
- Good interpersonal skills.
What's in it for you
You'll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and
We value and recognise our employees' contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
35 hours standard working week, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days with service; a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme; access to private healthcare scheme; support for professional development after qualifying period and access to our employee assistance programme. We also offer free parking on site.
How to apply
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page.
We do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
Please send your completed application form to email@example.com by the closing date of quoting reference WA0204 by 10:00 on 10th September 2020.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing team.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic we will be holding interviews through Google Hangouts. For any part of the recruitment process requiring an onsite visit a full assessment will be carried out to ensure everyone's safety.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of our organisation. We seek to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.