Senior Data Analyst
We're recruiting a Senior Data Analyst to join our Data & Insight Team to support the delivery of powerful, informative and strategic insight across all fundraising departments in order to inform on the Society¿s financial position and improve the RSPCA's knowledge, understanding and plans.
The Data and Insight Team are responsible for forecasting, monitoring and reporting on income in excess of £45m and expenditure of £30m within Income Generation.
What you'll be doing
- Designing, managing and maintaining dashboards and models to help identify areas of key investment and maximising potential income within Income Generation
- providing a detailed and complete understanding of the supporter base to all fundraising managers/HOD, through the production of holistic marketing insight and submit recommendations to meet strategic needs
- proactively identifying perceived threats to the overall fundraising strategy and seek opportunities to address and challenge the business to respond both at a strategic and tactical level
- defining internal data requirements for analysis to inform supporter focused marketing, including statistical models that aid in the understanding of values, behaviours and risk
- briefing and managing the initiation and execution of primary and secondary research on our donor base. Including insight on market leaders, competitors and the market as a whole
- identifying, developing, implementing and monitoring key performance indicators and performance metrics within the fundraising department to help track the performance of individual fundraising teams, particularly their campaigns, and these will help advise on any appropriate actions, e.g. reduce mailing volumes
- assisting all Income Generation teams to forecast their income and expenditure budgets over a 5 year period
- taking ownership for project initiation, design, delivery and communication of all findings
- proactively identifying areas where analysis is required to improve our understanding of supporter behaviour. Present proposals for recommendations to Income Generation Managers, HoDs and Directors.
What we're looking for
- Maths or IT Degree Level Education.
- Highly numerate with proven advanced Excel/Google Sheets ability.
- Experience of working with large data sets.
- Experience in a coding language - Ideally SQL.
- Strong analytical experience including data management, manipulation, interpretation and cleansing.
- Experience with analysing financial data, including forecasting and modelling.
- Proficient in production of reports and generating insight/recommendations
- Ability to critically analyse client needs and deliver a business focussed solution.
- Extensive experience of managing business targets and understanding of KPI's.
- High level of communication skills to explain complex technical issues to non-technical colleagues
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable around dogs in the workplace
What's in it for you
- You'll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
- We value and recognise our employees' contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
- 35 hours standard working week
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days with service
- a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme
- access to private healthcare scheme
- support for professional development after the qualifying period and access to our employee assistance programme
- Free parking on site.
How to apply
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page.
We do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
Please send your completed application form to The Resourcing Team, RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Nr Horsham, RH13 9RS or via email@example.com quoting SDA418 by 16 December 2019.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing team.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of our organisation. We seek to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.