Sales Order Administrator (part-time, fixed-term contract)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Order Administrator to join the RSPCA Enterprise Department to process all orders from branches, animal centres and trade customers. The role will be on a part-time fixed term contract for 12 months.
This role is fundamental to ensure the timely delivery of orders, resolve any delivery issues and manage any backorders.
We are looking for an organised individual with good attention to detail and previous admin or order processing experience.
What you'll be doing
- Processing orders received via phone or email and log orders to send to warehouses via the appropriate channels
- Generate sales invoices for each branch and trade order, and credits where required
- Manage any back orders with warehouses and customers, working closely with the Purchasing & Supply Manager to inform customers of shortages and expected delivery dates
- Process and log payments received from cheques or bank transfer via a monthly schedule from the Finance department
- Maintaining branch product list and product database on the internal P2P system, taking direction on product availability from the Purchasing and Supply Manager
- Updating and sending monthly branch and animal centre email via Mailchimp, keeping customers up to date with the latest product and delivery information
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent experience
- Transactional administration in a small company environment
- Transactional sales order processing
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and Google
- Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail
- Good communicator and able to work in a team environment
What's in it for you
You'll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees' contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
21 hours standard working week (FTE 35 hours), 15 days (FTE 25 days) annual leave plus bank holidays increasing with service (pro-rata for part-time); a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme; access to private healthcare scheme; support for professional development after qualifying period and access to our employee assistance programme. We also offer free parking on site.
How to apply
An application form and job description can be downloaded from the RSPCA job page.
We do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Resourcing Team, RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, RH13 9RS quoting reference SO423 by the closing date of 29 December 2019.
Please Note: Due to the time of year we intend to review the applications as they come into the team. We reserve the right to close the advert early if we find a suitable candidate.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when sufficient applications are received.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing team.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of our organisation. We seek to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.