null Marketing communications
Where you give us your consent, we will also use your personal data in order to send you marketing and fundraising communications in connection with the following marketing and fundraising activities and services:
- Supporter Magazines and updates - including our newsletters, magazines and other publications informing you about our work
- Appeals and fundraising activities - including requests for donations, information about how you can leave us a gift in your will, how you can raise money on our behalf or attend or take part in a fundraising event, communications relating to our lottery and raffles, and updates on the impact that your fundraising activities have had on our work
- Animal welfare campaigning - information about our campaigning activities both in the UK and abroad, including how you can support such campaigns, (for example by lobbying influential figures or signing a petition), and updates about the progress of our campaigns
- Volunteering - information about how you can help support our work by giving up your time or using your influence to progress our aims, along with updates on the impact of your work;
- Shop products and other services - including information about products offered by our online shop and catalogue and other services that may be of benefit to you, such as pet insurance and pet friendly holiday homes
- Rehoming and adopting or fostering services - information about how you can access or take part in these services (both directly and indirectly through the RSPCA), and communications and updates about the animal adoption, rehoming and fostering sector and RSPCA news around this topic
- Membership - details of how you can join-up as a member of the RSPCA
- Facebook custom audience advertising -
The RSPCA uses social media and other internet platforms to communicate with people and share information about the vital work that we do for animal welfare.
We also use Facebook custom audiences to place targeted adverts in news feeds. This is done by encrypting the personal data of our existing supporters to create an audience; that audience is then linked to Facebook, which will determine if you have an account and if you do, you will be served digital advertising campaigns. For example, if you have previously purchased a ticket for the RSPCA Lottery, we may seek to place an advert promoting the purchase of additional tickets for the latest draw in your Facebook feed.
We only carry out this activity if you have already consented to us sending you marketing via email and we will only serve you content that we think may be of interest to you. Your personal data is also deleted from any applications used to undertake this activity as soon as it is no longer needed for that purpose.
If you do not want your information to be used by us in this way, you can change your marketing communication preferences at any time. You can also manage the targeted advertising you receive from us on Facebook by referring to the instructions provided by Facebook here.
You decide how you want us to contact you, whether by mail, email or by phone or text message (SMS/MMS) and you can update your communication preferences at any time by telling us when things change. From time to time we will also send you a communication to update and refresh your communication preferences.