Closing time: 10am
We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Worker to join us at RSPCA East Winch Wildlife Centre to provide care and maintenance of buildings, plant, fixtures and fittings, equipment and grounds.
We are offering an exciting new adventure for someone with excellent skills in ground maintenance and general estate knowledge. You would need an understanding of machinery to be able to make minor repairs. Through your experience you will be able to demonstrate the ability to fix and maintain buildings and animal accommodation This role will only be a few days a week as it is part of a job share. Together you will play a fundamental role in contributing to the health and safety of staff, wildlife animals and visitors at our Centre.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive person who is able to plan their daily workload, and has good verbal communication, written and computer skills.
What you'll be doing:
- Routine maintenance and minor repairs to buildings and animal accommodation.
- Troubleshooting when machines/equipment/facilities breakdown.
- Maintaining site and grounds.
- Assisting other employees and volunteers with duties and fundraising events.
- Regular site inspections and H&S checks.
- Communicating with internal and external contractors and colleagues.
- A good standard of education to GCSE level or equivalent
- Experience of routine maintenance work for site, plant and equipment.
- Experience in upkeep of grounds and use of associated equipment.
- A full driving licence
Post holder needs to be aware that the role is physically challenging/demanding.
Willingness to undertake additional training as required.
What's in it for you
You'll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees' contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
This post is 14 hours per week Thursday and Friday. Hours 8.00 to 3.30 with 30 minutes for lunch.
- The post holder will be entitled to 70 hrs annual leave plus bank holidays which will increase with length of service;
- a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme;
- access to private healthcare scheme;
- support for professional development after qualifying period;
- access to our employee assistance programme.
How to apply
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this RSPCA jobs page
We do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
Please send your completed application form by email to: email@example.com or post to: Sue Levings, Administrator, RSPCA East Winch Wildlife Centre, Gayton Road, East Winch, King's Lynn, Norfolk PE32 1LG quote reference MT192 by the closing date 16th December 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when sufficient applications are received.
Interviews will be held week on Thursday 19th December 2019 at RSPCA East Winch Wildlife Centre, Gayton Road, East Winch, PE32 1LG. All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of our organisation. We seek to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.