null Compliance Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Officer to join the RSPCA Income Generation Team to help ensure that the Society is compliant with all relevant regulation, rules and setting industry best practice.
Since the RSPCA was founded in a London coffee shop in 1824 we have, by all lawful means, strived to prevent cruelty, promote kindness to and alleviate the suffering of all animals. It¿s inspiring to think how much more of a difference we can make, and if you¿d like to be a part of the organisation, this is your opportunity.
We're looking for a committed, pragmatic person with an eye for detail. Do you have previous experience working within a highly regulated or charity fundraising environment? You could play a crucial role in mitigating risk and safeguarding the reputation of one of the UK¿s best known and respected animal welfare organisations.
What you'll be doing
- Assisting the Compliance Manager to ensure all relevant legislation, regulation and best practice is accurately adhered to and is reflected in all process documents and training material
- Undertaking annual audits of sub-directorate teams
- Working with third party agencies to ensure they meet contract expectations
- Assisting the Compliance Manager with complaints handling and recording
- Have experience of regulatory sign off for all types of marketing material
- Assisting the Compliance Manager in investigating regulatory breaches
- Delivering regulatory change across divisions as it happens, and developments in best practice guidance sometimes with minimal supervision
- Working under own autonomy
- Risk management or auditing qualification
- Relationship management skills
- Ability to engage at all levels
- Knowledge of fundraising and charity regulation such as Gambling Commission, FR Regulator
- Expert grammar and accuracy
- Monitoring experience
- Experience in reviewing processes/procedures
- Audit skills against various ISO Frameworks
- Ability to summarise changes in law & regulations to be able to assist the Society in delivering regulatory changes
What's in it for you
You'll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees' contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
35 hours standard working week, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days with service; a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme; access to private healthcare scheme; support for professional development after qualifying period and access to our employee assistance programme. We also offer free parking on site.
How to apply
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page.
We do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CO2765 by the closing date of 25 September 2020.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic we will be holding interviews mostly through Google Hangouts. For any part of the recruitment process requiring an onsite visit a full assessment will be carried out to ensure everyone's safety.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing team.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of our organisation. We seek to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.