null Animal Care Assistant - Gonsal Farm
Animal Care Assistant
Are you looking to work on the frontline of an organisation that ends cruelty, promotes kindness and alleviates suffering to animals?
We're recruiting an Animal Care Assistant to join us at our Gonsal Farm Animal Centre in Dorrington, Shropshire on a full time basis to provide care for all animals in the centre, establish good customer relations and maintain administration and health and safety procedures.
Our Gonsal Farm Animal Centre and Equine Rehabilitation Centre opened its doors to the public in 2002. Since it opened we have rescued, cared for and homed thousands of animals.
Our vision is a society where no animal suffers unnecessarily. Some animals that come to us have been mistreated, kept in awful conditions or left without free access to food or water. They may arrive terrified and it's up to us to try and work out why and bring them round to trusting people again. We do this on a daily basis with a dedicated team that we're extremely proud of. The work can be tough, both physically and emotionally but very rewarding.
What you'll be doing:
- Cleaning animal accommodation for cats and dogs to the required standard set by the RSPCA
- Preparing and providing food and water for all animals in the establishment
- Performing regular health checks on all animals and giving medical treatments as prescribed by the centres consulting Veterinary Surgeon
- Attending to the needs of the individual animals including providing exercise/socialisation and grooming for all animals within the care of the centre
- Communicating with members of the public, representing the RSPCA positively and professionally at all times.
- Working as part of a team with staff and volunteers
- Completing all relevant animal paperwork and updating the Centres computer data base for all animals held on site
- Experience working with domestic animals. Good animal handling skills are essential
- Good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team
- Good customer care skills
- Animal Care qualifications are desirable
What's in it for you:
You'll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees' contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
- 35 hours standard working week;
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days with service;
- a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme;
- access to private healthcare scheme;
- support for professional development after qualifying period;
- access to our employee assistance programme;
- we also offer free parking on site.
How to apply:
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page.
We do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
Please send your completed application form to the Resourcing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ACA1687 by the closing date of 10:00 Wednesday 23d September 2020.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic we will be holding interviews through Google Hangouts. For any part of the recruitment process requiring an onsite visit a full assessment will be carried out to ensure everyone's safety.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing Team.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of our organisation. We seek to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.