Clinical Manager - 12 month FTC Maternity Cover
Clinical Manager 12 Month FTC Maternity Cover
Location: Putney Animal Hospital, London
Closing Date: 21 November 2014
Salary: £22,999 - £24,335 per annum + London allowance and benefits
Hours: 35 per week, Monday to Friday
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Manager, for a fixed term period of up to 12 months maternity cover, for our busy animal hospital in Putney to manage our large nursing team which will include direct line management of your own team of six staff. You will be responsible for the nurses rotas/ shift allocations, organising/ overseeing veterinary nurse training for student nurses (you will be head assessor), overseeing and authorising CPD/ training for the nursing team and will ensure that high clinical and nursing care standards are set and maintained on a daily basis.
We are looking for someone who possesses the following skills/ experience:
- A1 Assessor (essential)Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Able to manage own time effectively
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Good communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proven ability to manage and train staff
- Must have good IT skills and be competent in windows-based packages, including Word and Excel.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we offer a competitive salary, living allowance, pension scheme, private healthcare scheme on successful completion of probation and paid CPD/ training.
If you are interested in this role and would like to work in a busy, friendly hospital environment as part of a large team, please apply to: Angela Grigg, Hospital Manager, RSPCA – Putney Animal Hospital, 6 Clarendon Drive, Putney, London SW15 1AA.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits including defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and an employee assistance programme.
We value diversity and encourage applicaitons from all sections of the community.
NB: This position is subject to a standard disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.