Customer Service Administrator
Customer Services Administrator - Fixed Term Contract to 31 December 2015
Salary: £16,498 to £17,646
Hours: 35 hrs
Closing date: 14 August 2015
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
With one of the most successful Fundraising Teams in the sector responsible for generating over £100 million in voluntary income, we are as passionate about fundraising as we are about animal welfare and it is a truly exciting time to join us. We have significant investment in Fundraising secured over the next 5 years. We have asparitional but achievable growth plans in the years to come. To do this we need the best and brightest people to join us to realise our dreams and build on our successes.
The Supporter Service Team supports the Fundraising Team in raising in excess of £100m a year. This exciting opportunity offers the successful candidate the chance to build on our success as we enter a new era of focussed investment in fundraising.
We are looking for a brilliant Customer Service Administrator with the ability to make a difference to the customer, delivering high levels of service with minimal supervision.
The post holder will have a robust attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills together with a demonstrable understanding of customer service.
Working within the Support Service Team they will develop relationships with members of the RSPCA, donors and supporters, providing a prompt, polite and efficient response to all enquiries and to update amendments received.
The day to day responsibilities of the role are varied and include;
- The ability to effectively promote the RSPCA and promote the services that we offer within the Support Service Centre.
- Respond to customer enquiries and provide information regarding a full range of products and services supporting promotional campaigns.
- Ensure that every incoming telephone call received is answered in a professional and timely manner, taking ownership to provide support where required.
- The ability to work as part of a team, support colleagues and promote excellent team spirit.
- Good literacy, numeracy and verbal communication skills and IT literate.
- Good understanding of the products and services that supporters require from the RSPCA.
- Experience of working with membership, booking and Direct Debit systems.
- A positive individual with a ‘can do’, results driven approach and attitude.
- Demonstrates trust, openness and respect in dealings with people.
- Keen to develop themselves and learn new skills.
- A good communicator who listens and is able to express themselves clearly
- Committed and reliable.
- Welcomes change, is flexible and can adapt and deal with various demands.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can request an application from: Trudi Bubb – Support Services Manager, RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 9RS. Email: Trudi.firstname.lastname@example.org, Quoting reference CSA655. We do not accept CVs.
Please send your completed application form to the above address by the closing date of: 14 August 2015
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant.
Registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.