Animal Collection Officer 6 Month FTC SSW7
Location: SSW7 Region (Hampshire & Dorset)
Salary: £14,751 - £15,457 per annum plus 8% shift pay
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: 13th March 2015
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
- The main responsibilities of the post include being able to deal with animals of every description and collect, secure and transport them safely and humanely.
- To carry out animal euthanasia when necessary, and undertake or assist with animal rescues (subject to training and certificate of competence).
You will need:
- Basic level of literacy and numeracy
- Animal handling experience
- A full, current, UK licence to drive a car with a manual gearbox
- The ability to swim 50 metres fully clothed within 2.5 minutes A good level of physical fitness
- Confidence in own abilities
Whilst playing a key role within a team, the ACO must also be comfortable working alone. The role also involves regular contact with the public and external agencies and therefore a customer focus and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
The position is subject to a driving assessment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Standard Disclosure provided by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS).
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can apply in writing, to: Chief Inspector Paul Williams, Inspectorate Office, RSPCA Ark Animal Centre, 174 Ranvilles Lane Stubbington Fareham Hampshire PO14 3EZ. We do not accept CVs.
Please send completed application form to the above address by the closing date of 13th March 2015.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and an employee assistance programme.
Registered charity established in England and Wales, number 219099.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.