Job Title: Hospital Assistant
Location: Greater Manchester Animal Hospital
Salary: £14,069 - £14,679 + 6% shift premium
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: 12 December 2014
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
To carry out nursing duties according to the standards and policies laid down by the RSPCA and RCVS, contributing to high quality animal care and good staff relationships.
- Undertake nursing duties including theatre, ward, and euthanasia duties as directed.
- Undertake general cleaning duties throughout the hospital including equipment, animal quarters and premises.
- Maintain up to date and accurate clinical records.
- Dispense drugs in accordance with professional guidelines and hospital rules.
- Monitor and restock consulting rooms and surgeries as directed by the staff nurses.
- Carry out telephone and general reception duties on a roster basis as required.
Knowledge, skill and experience
- GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Maths, English and a science or Keys Skills level 2.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage own time effectively.
- Previous experience of animal care work is desirable.
This position requires the post holder to participate in a shift rota including Bank and statutory holidays and night duties.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can request an application from: email@example.com quoting reference HA746. We do not accept CVs.
Please send your completed application form to Ben Faulkner, Hospital Manager, RSPCA, Greater Manchester Animal Hospital, 411 Eccles New Road, Salford, M5 5NN by the closing date of: 12 December 2014.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant.
Registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.