SERVICE DESK ANALYST FULL TIME
Service Desk Analyst
Based: Nr Horsham, West Sussex
Salary: Up to £23,599.12 per annum
Closing date: Monday 7th September
The RSPCA is the foremost animal welfare charity in the UK, employing more than 1,500 staff. We are looking to recruit a Service Desk Analyst to join their IT Service Desk and act as the central point of contact with their internal customer base supporting all departments in delivering animal welfare
This role represents a fantastic opportunity to work for a busy, well-established, professional
IT department, which is forward thinking in its approach to technology, and IT service. The
postholder will handle technical Incidents and Service Requests, and where appropriate,
provide an interface for other activities such as Service Level Management, new Services, Change, Problem and Configuration.
This key postholder will be responsible for:
- Dealing with incoming calls to the IT Service Desk from RSPCA internal customers, ensuring requests are interpreted correctly and recorded accurately, making consistent and effective use of the Service Desk call-logging software and where appropriate resolving calls accordingly
- Owning support calls and ensuring that the customer receives a first rate service experience
- Liaising with external suppliers and/or other teams to ensure resolution to incidents within an agreed to standard and within SLAs
- Updating and maintaining a high standard of information on the service desk system
We are looking for an applicant with:
- Excellent knowledge of information technologies including networking; desktop software and hardware; systems and applications software including email; Windows 7 and Active Directory; data and voice communications
- Experience in providing customer service in an IT environment in relation to the above
- Experience in using ITSM helpdesk applications to log and monitor support calls
- Positive approach to problem solving and an overall willingness to help the customer
- Technical qualification in computer systems and /or recognised IT qualification to diploma level or equivalent work experience.
It would be a distinct advantage if the applicant has experience of working with Google, Android and Chrome technologies within a corporate environment and has exposure to working to ITIL service management standards ideally having gained ITIL Foundation certification.
The successful candidate will have a strong customer service ethic and a willingness to undertake professional development specific to the role. In addition excellent communication and analytical skills; a logical approach to problem solving and the ability to cope with high
volumes of work is required.
Closing date: Monday 7th September
An application form may be downloaded from this website or you can write to:
Leigh Clarke, IT Service Desk Manager, IT, RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham,
West Sussex, RH13 9RS.
Please send completed applications to the above address quoting reference SDA703
Promoting kindness and preventing cruelty to animals.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant.
Registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.