Location: Harmsworth Animal Hospital, London
Salary: circa £31,188 - £34,174 per annum plus accommodation allowance of £3,707 per annum and 75% London allowance of £2,780
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: 11 December 2015
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
The Harmsworth Animal Hospital offers a varied and interesting caseload with a heavy surgical bias (facilities are up-to-date and include ultrasound, endoscope, ECG, ASIF etc.) and the opportunity to work with a dedicated 24-hour nursing team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a small animal clinician looking to gain further experience in all aspects of small animal medicine and surgery, with an ability to work under pressure and an interest in providing quality care in a non-commercial environment.
The Harmsworth Animal Hospital provides care and treatment for animals brought to us by eligible owners as well as by RSPCA Inspectors and animal welfare officers.
To medically and surgically assess and treat animals presented at RSPCA premises in accordance to the standards and policies laid down by the RSPCA and RCVS:
- Performing consultation and medical treatment of animals on admission and throughout their stay.
- To undertake surgical operations (including neutering and general surgery) for the animals in our care.
- To promote animal welfare through centre staff education and preventative medicine in accordance with RSPCA policy.
- Provision of weekend and on-call out of hours cover for the hospital, its branch clinics and other agreed local charities through a pro-rata share of the out of hours rota (currently 1:7 FTE).
- Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- Post qualification experience in small animal practice.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can apply in writing to: Charlotte Beckett, Hospital Clinical Director (Interim), Harmsworth Animal Hospital, 22 Sonderburg Road, London, N7 7QD email@example.com.
Please send your completed application form to the above address by the closing date of: Friday 11 December 2015. Note we do not accept CVs.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Standard Disclosure provided by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS).
The RSPCA also offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and employee assistance programme.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Registered in England and Wales, number 219099
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.