Location: Lockwood Centre for Horses and Donkeys
Salary: £8.19 per hour
Hours: As required
Closing date: 09 January 2015
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Working with equines on site meeting their daily welfare needs including cleaning stables, maintaining fields, feeding, grooming, exercising and providing medical care to the standards set by management.
- Additional responsibilities include assisting with fundraising initiatives and public relations and on-site events.
The successful applicant should have:
- A good level of proven knowledge and skill in the care of equines and also some handling/rehabilitation experience, preferably with problem equines is required.
- BHS Stage 2 or equivalent qualification is desirable.
- The successful applicant will have good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can request an application from: Anna Hemmings, Centre Manager, RSPCA Lockwood, Hatch Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU8 5UX.
Please note: We do not accept CVs.
Please send your completed application form to the above address by the closing date of: 09 January 2015
Interviews will be held at RSPCA Lockwood, Hatch Lane, Godalming Surrey.
Following a successful interview, candidates will be required to carry out a work trial at the centre before the final appointment is made.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant.
Registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.