Branch Support Specialist
Job title: Branch Support Specialist (BSS) – 2 vacancies
Location: Home based, South Region
Salary: £ 25,634.64 - 27,096.12
Closing date: Friday 13th May 2016
Hours: 35 per week. Some evening and weekend work is required
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
The RSPCA has a network of separately registered charity branches run by volunteers, who deliver animal welfare activity in their branch area. This is an exciting opportunity to join the BSS team in the South region to work with its branches to achieve the Society and regional strategy.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To provide strategic direction and operational support to nominated branches so they prioritise assistance to the RSPCA inspectorate, develop activity in the priority areas of re-homing, neutering, micro-chipping & welfare assistance and work towards achieving financial sustainability
- To advise and support the recruitment and retention of volunteers
- To provide support and advice across the region in key specialist area(s)
- To assist branches with the creation and monitoring of branch business plans
- To be the link between the National Society and branches, ensuring adherence to charity law, branch rules and Society policies and procedures
The successful applicants should:
- Be educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Evidence the ability to juggle a large and diverse workload
- Have proven experience of delivering results, working both as an individual and as part of a team.
Experience of some or all of the following would be an advantage:
- Income generation/retail experience
- Accountancy/finance/budgetary control
- Business administration/management
- Leadership and influencing without direct control
- Working with volunteers
- Complaint resolution and reputational management
The Branch areas will be predominantly in and around London, and in the central area of the South region, including Hampshire, Wiltshire and Dorset. Applicants will need to be geographically well placed to work in these areas.
Considerable travel will be involved, and a Society vehicle is provided for this role.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can request an application from: Deborah Simmons, RSPCA South Region RHQ, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 9RS. Telephone number: 0300 123 0245.
E-mail address: Deborah.email@example.com. Quoting reference: BSS2. Please note we do not accept CVs.
Please send your completed application form to the above address by the closing date of Friday 13th May 2016.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 25th May 2016 at RSPCA Headquarters, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant at headquarters.
Registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.