Social Media Manager
Job title: Social Media Manager
Salary: £31,144 - £32,934
Closing date: Monday 12 September
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
We engage with hundreds of thousands of people through social media channels every year, with our followers expecting to receive information about our work, advice on animal welfare and have the opportunity to interact with real RSPCA people and stories.
We’ve created a new role in the fast-paced and innovative Digital Media team to create and execute world class content, community management and social media channel strategies, to help the RSPCA engage more people in learning about, rescuing and promoting awareness about animals.
The Social Media Manager will help us take the RSPCA brand to new supporters via enhanced content and engaging campaigns, setting organic and paid media strategies across established and emerging social media channels that are relevant to the RSPCA’s mission to prevent cruelty, promote kindness to and alleviate suffering of all animals.
We're looking for a social media expert who is able to collaborate with lots of different teams across the organisation, planning creative multi-channel marketing campaigns to broadcast their work but, as importantly, engage followers in conversation around the variety of work that we do whether that be political and behaviour change campaigns, rehoming, rescuing animals, fundraising or retail.
You will need experience of managing social media activity in a fast-paced and challenging environment, and be able to work quickly, creatively and collaboratively in order to thrive in this role. A passion for animals, and the people who look after them, is essential.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Leading integrated and stand alone social media campaigns, producing content, engaging supporters and promoting posts, for brand awareness, income generation and animal welfare advice and services.
- Developing channel strategies for existing and new social media platforms for promoting the RSPCA.
- Managing the Social Media Officer and working with the digital media team to deliver social media activity that supports SEO, email marketing, digital PR and crisis management.
- Developing our social customer service standards, working with Supporter Services, Enquiries and Advice and National Call Centre teams to align customer service principles.
- Support and advise specific directorates, including the Campaigns, Press, Fundraising and Rehoming divisions on how to optimise content for social channels and engage supporters.
- Providing advice and direction to animal centres and branches, and monitoring all RSPCA branded Facebook and Twitter accounts to ensure they fit RSPCA standards.
- Evaluating, documenting and sharing lessons learnt.
The successful applicant should have: (qualifications etc):
- Proven social media management experience.
- A marketing or communications qualification.
- Copy-writing and image production skills.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and social media analytics platforms.
- Experience using Hootsuite, Brandwatch or similar.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can request an application from: Tess Raine, Head of Digital Media by emailing email@example.com. We do not accept CVs.
Please send your completed application form to the above address by the closing date of Monday 12 September.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.