Wildlife Assistant WHWC part time
Wildlife Assistant, Part Time
Location: West Hatch, Taunton
Salary: £7,317 - £7,622 plus 6% shift premium
Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Closing date: 25 October 2015
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
- To assist in the rehabilitation and release of wildlife casualties, routine duties include:
- Admissions and record keeping
- Practical care and rehabilitation
- Administering and monitoring specialist diets
- Cleaning of animals and hospital facilities including upkeep and maintenance of enclosures, paddocks and pools
- Working in line with species care protocols and contributing to enrichment ideas.
- Careful monitoring of animals in care and assisting with the release of healthy wildlife after rehabilitation.
- Compliance with health and safety in the workplace, specifically in relation to working with animals.
You will need (qualifications etc):
- Relevant experience in a similar role is essential.
- A good grounding at GCSE and A Level
- University Degree or Higher National Diploma
- You must demonstrate excellent communication skills along with a professional and collaborative, team-based attitude.
Please note we select based on educational qualifications and relevant, evidenced working experience.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can request an application from: Louise Hacker West Hatch Wildlife Centre, Taunton, Somerset. TA3 5RT 0300 123 0721 firstname.lastname@example.org, we do not accept CVs.
Please send your completed application form to the above address by the closing date of: 25 October 2015
Interviews will be held at West Hatch Wildlife Centre.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.