Veterinary Nurse x 4
Job title: Veterinary Nurses x 4
Location: Harmsworth Animal Hospital
Salary: Circa £22,495.26 inclusive of accommodation and shift allowance
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: 06.12.2015
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
To carry out veterinary nursing duties according to the standards and policies laid down by the RSPCA and RCVS, contributing to high quality animal care and good staff relationships
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Undertaking nursing duties, including theatre, ward and euthanasia, as directed by the Veterinary Surgeon.
- Administering treatment (eg injections, medication, fluid therapy, and dressing. First aid) as directed and where permitted, undertaking minor surgical procedures.
- Dispensing drugs in accordance with professional guidelines and society rules.
- Keep all animal records up to date on the society data base.
- Carry out telephone and general reception duties on a rota basis.
You will need (qualifications etc):
- Current registration with the RCVS
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage own time effectively.
- Previous experience of working as a Veterinary Nurse is desirable.
This position requires the post holder to participate in a shift rota including Bank and statutory holidays and night duties.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can request an application from: firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept CVs.
Please send your completed application form to Claire Hague, Hospital Manager, RSPCA, Harmsworth Animal Hospital, 22 Sonderburg Road, Holloway, London, N7 7QD by the closing date of: 6 December 2015
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Standard Disclosure provided by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS).
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and employee assistance programme. in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.