Animal Care Assistant Bryn-y-Maen
- Cleaning of animal accommodation for all domestic species and wildlife to the required standard set by the RSPCA.
- Prepare and provide food and water for all animals in the establishment.
- Perform regular health checks on all animals and give medical treatments as prescribed by the centres consulting Veterinary Surgeon. The implanting of microchips and completion of microchip records.
- Attend to the needs of the individual animals including providing exercise/socialisation and grooming for all animals within the care of the centre.
- Communicating with supporters/adopters, staff and volunteers both face to face, by phone and email.
- Completing all relevant animal paperwork and updating the centres computer data base for all animals held on site.
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience working directly with domestic animals. Good animal handling skills are essential.
- You will have good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel etc is essential.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.