Animal Care Assistant (Part time)
Job title Animal Care Assistant Part Time
Location: RSPCA South Godstone Animal Centre
Salary: £2,909 - £3,436 per annum ( + 10% unsocial hours premium) pro rata
Hours: 8 per week
Closing date: 13.02.2015
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
We are looking for an Animal Care Assistant to join the team at South Godstone Animal Centre. Providing care for all animals in the Centre, establishing good customer relations and maintaining administration and health and safety procedures in use. The role of an Animal Care Assistant is a physically demanding position.
Cleaning of animal accommodation for all domestic species and wildlife to the required standard set by the RSPCA. Prepare and provide food and water for all animals in the establishment.
Perform regular health checks on all animals and give medical treatments as prescribed by the centres consulting Veterinary Surgeon. The implanting of microchips and completion of microchip records.
Attend to the needs of the individual animals including providing exercise/socialisation and grooming for all animal within the care of the centre.
Communicating with supporters/adopters, staff and volunteers both face to face, by phone and email.
Completing all relevant animal paperwork and updating the centres computer data base for all animals held on site.
You will need:
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience working directly with domestic animals. Good animal handling skills are essential.
- The successful applicants will have good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel etc is essential.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can apply in writing, to: Darren Parrish, RSPCA South Godstone, Eastbourne Road, South Godstone, Surrey, RH9 8JB quoting reference ACA821. We do not accept CVs.
Please send completed application form to the above address by the closing date of 13.02.2015.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and an employee assistance programme.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
Registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.