Groom 10 Months FTC Maternity Cover
Groom 10 Month FTC
Location: Gonsal Farm Equine Centre, Dorrington, Shrewsbury
Salary: £13,412 - £14,043 + 10% unsociable hours premium
Hours: 35 per week - 7 day roster
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
We are looking for a full time Groom to join the team at Gonsal Farm Animal Centre for up to 10 months Maternity cover.
Accommodation is not provided.
The role involves providing daily care for all of the equines at the centre including cleaning stables, maintaining fields, feeding, exercising and providing medical care to the standards set by management.
The post holder will be required to work 35 hours per week, working on a rota system, which will include some weekends and Bank Holidays.
The successful applicant should have:
A good level of proven knowledge and skill in the care of equines and also some breaking/schooling/rehabilitation experience, preferably with problem equines.
Good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this website. Alternatively, you can write to Kate Clements, Deputy Manager, Gonsal Farm Animal Centre, Dorrington, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY5 7ET.
Completed application forms only should be returned to the same address no later than 13 November 2014, quoting reference GR/50. Please note we do not accept CVs.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and an employee assistance programme.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.