South West Regional Press Officer
- Responding to press queries relating to the work, policies and campaigns of the Society.
- Writing news releases, statements, Q&As and other relevant documents.
- Promoting RSPCA campaigns and events to the media.
- Acting as RSPCA spokesperson on general animal welfare issues.
- Promoting the work of the RSPCA’s frontline officers, animal centres and branches in the South West.
- Responsible for managing the press for the busy South West patch which includes Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Avon & Somerset, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Hereford & Worcestershire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Hertfordshire
- Previous experience working as a journalist and/or press officer, combined with the ability to build good working relationships both within and outside of the organisation.
- Ability to deliver to deadlines, working off your own initiative.
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification.
- Good working knowledge of Google applications/Word and keyboard skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to RSPCA locations and events across the South West of England if necessary.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and take a flexible approach to work duties.
- Willingness to work occasional unsociable hours.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.