Veterinary Surgeon FTC Harmsworth Hospital
Veterinary Surgeon Fixed Term Contract
Location: Sir Harold Harmsworth Animal Hospital
Salary: £31,188 - £34,174 -per annum Pro-rata plus accommodation allowance
Hours: 35 hours per week
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
To medically and surgically assess and treat animals presented at RSPCA premises in accordance to the standards and policies laid down by the RSPCA and RCVS.
The Sir Harold Harmsworth animal hospital provides care and treatment for animals brought to us by eligible owners as well as by RSPCA Inspectors and animal welfare officers.
This is an exciting role offering a varied caseload including:
- Performing consultation and medical treatment of animals on admission and throughout their stay.
- To undertake surgical operations (including neutering and general surgery) for the animals in our care.
- To promote animal welfare through centre staff education and preventative medicine in accordance with RSPCA policy.
- Provision of weekend and on-call out of hours cover for the hospital, its branch clinics and other agreed local charities through a pro-rata share of the out of hours rota (currently 1:7 FTE).
You will need (qualifications etc):
- Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- Post qualification experience in small animal practice.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Standard Disclosure provided by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS).
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can apply in writing to: Sebastian Prior, Hospital Clinical Director, RSPCA Sir Harold Harmsworth animal hospital, 22 Sonderburg Road, London, N7 7QD. We do not accept CVs.
Please send your completed application form to the above address by the closing date of: 24.08.2015.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and employee assistance programme.
Registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.