Animal Collection Officer FTC
Animal Collection Officer 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Location: N3 (Manchester)
Salary: £14,751 - £15,457 per annum plus 8% shift allowance
Closing date: 9 March 2015
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- To deal with animals of every description and collect, secure and transport them safely and humanely.
- To carry out animal euthanasia when necessary, and undertake or assist with animal rescues (subject to training and certificate of competence).
The successful applicant should have: (qualifications etc):
- Basic level of literacy and numeracy
- Animal handling experience
- A full, current, UK licence to drive a car with a manual gearbox
- The ability to swim 50 metres fully clothed within 2.5 minutes
- A good level of physical fitness
- Confidence in own abilities
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page.
Alternatively, you can request an application from: Chief Inspector Cathy Hyde, RSPCA Group Office, York House, York Street, Pemberton, WN3 4BY.
We do not accept CVs.
Please send your completed application form to the above address by the closing date of:
9 March 2015
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and employee assistance programme.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Standard Disclosure provided by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS).
A Driving Assessment will be required.
Registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.