Branch Support Specialist
Job title: Branch Support Specialist (West Midlands)
Location: Home Worker (must reside in the West Midlands area)
Salary: £25,634.64 - £32,026.16
Closing date: Friday 19th August, 2016
Hours: 35 hours
The RSPCA, the world’s largest and oldest animal welfare organisation, is looking for a Branch Support Specialist to work with RSPCA branches across the West Midlands area.
The post holder will provide a wide range of general advice and support to branches in their allocated area (Herefordshire, Shropshire, Stafford, Wolverhampton & District, Staffordshire North, Burton-on-Trent, Stourbridge & District, and Walsall); but will also have specialist knowledge and experience (ideally in the areas of retail and/or finance and/or social media & websites and/or animal welfare) which may be of value to these and other branches in the region.
The role will involve considerable travel, as well as regular evening and weekend duties. The Society will provide a vehicle.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Supporting RSPCA branches (all of which are separately registered charities) in the allocated area and, on occasion, across the Wales & Midlands Region
- Assisting branches in prioritising support for inspectorate animals
- Providing support and advice in the four priority areas of animal rehoming, welfare neutering, welfare micro-chipping and welfare assistance
- Advising on recruitment and retention of volunteers
- Advising on general income generation, fundraising activities, charity shop management and development
- Assisting branches with the creation and monitoring of their branch business plans
- Advising on planning, preparation and management of budgets to ensure prudent use of finances in support of animal welfare work
- To be the link between the National Society and branches, ensuring adherence to charity law, branch rules and Society policies and procedures
The successful applicant should have:
- Strong IT communications and business administration skills
- Experience of managing people and resources
- Ability to work alone, and motivate and influence others
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. We do not accept CVs.
Please quote the following job reference number on your application: BSS1226
Please send your completed application form to: Coralie Farren, Regional Operations Manager, Wales and West Midlands by email to: email@example.com by the closing date of: Friday, 19th August, 2016
As a charity we are unable to acknowledge every application therefore if you do not hear anything further within four weeks of the closing date (i.e. Friday, 16th September, 2015) then you have not been short-listed for interview.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, pension scheme, childcare vouchers and an employee assistance programme. and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.