Animal Care Assistant 12 Month FTC Maternity Cover
Animal Care Assistant 12 Month FTC
Location: Gonsal Farm Animal Centre, Dorrington
Salary: £13,412 - £14,043 + 10% allowance
Closing date: 06 February 2015
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
Gonsal Farm is currently recruiting for a animal care assistant for a 12 month fixed term contract maternity cover. The successful candidate must have a keen interest in animal welfare and be able to work within part of a busy team. The role will include working with all animals at the centre and will require some weekend and bank holiday work.
You will need:
- Good basic level of education, ideally animal related qualifications.
- Previous experience working with a wide range of animals would be an advantage
- The ability to work within a team and have good customer focus skills.
- Some experience of working with domestic animals.
- The successful applicant will have good communications skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can apply in writing, to: Di Jones, Deputy Animal Centre Manager, RSPCA Gonsal Farm Animal Centre, Dorrington, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY5 7ET - quoting reference ACA/359. We do not accept CVs.
Please send completed application form to the above address by the closing date of: 03 February 2015
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme.
Registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.