Scientific Information Officer (SIO) Farm Animals
Scientific Information Officer (SIO) – Farm Animals
Salary: £25,634 - £27,096 per annum plus benefits (Ref: SIO/689).
Location: RSPCA, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
We are seeking to recruit a Scientific Information Officer committed to animal welfare to join the RSPCA Farm Animals Department within the Science Group to assist in the work of encouraging the adoption of high standards of welfare for all farmed animals.
- Development and maintenance of scientific/technical information resources on farm animal welfare and production for a wide range of audiences.
- Coordinating the on-going development of the RSPCA welfare standards for farm animals as used by the Society’s farm assurance scheme, Freedom Food.
- Liaising and exchanging information with the farming industry, scientific research sector, and UK and European Governmental and non-Governmental bodies.
Skills and experience include:
- Graduate in a relevant scientific discipline e.g. animal/agricultural/welfare science (relevant post-graduate qualification advantageous).
- An understanding of the main farm animal production systems and the farming industry; knowledge of key species-specific livestock welfare issues would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail, and ability to write clear, concise reports for both scientific and lay audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and competent IT user.
The post is a permanent, full-time position.
Closing date for completed applications: 18 October 2015
Interviews will take place on: 17 November 2015
For further details and an application form, please download the documents below. Or, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to: Farm Animals Department, RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 9RS. Please quote the following reference number for the post: SSO/689.
Promoting kindness and preventing cruelty to animals.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant.
Charity registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.