Animal Care Assistant Part Time
Animal Care Assistant - Part Time
Location: Block Fen Animal Centre, March, Cambridgeshire, PE15 0FB
Closing Date: 28 November 2014
Salary: £2,682- £3,143
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
Block Fen is currently recruiting for an animal care assistant. The successful candidate must have a keen interest in animal welfare and be able to work within part of a busy team. The role will include working predominantly with the dogs in the centre. The hours for this position will be 8.30 - 4.30 every alternate weekend.
You will need:
- Good basic level of education, ideally animal related qualifications.
- Previous experience working with dogs is essential.
- The ability to work within a team and have good customer focus skills.
- The applicant would need to live in travelling distance from the centre, as there is no accommodation provided and have a reliable mode of transport. .
- The successful applicant will have a good communications skill and enjoy working as part of a team.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this website. Alternatively, you can apply in writing to: Jackie Williams Centre Manager, RSPCA Block Fen, Wimblington, March, Cambs, PE15 0FB - quoting reference ACA/225. We do not accept CVs.
Please send completed application forms to the above address by the closing date of: 28 November 2014.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and an employee assistance programme.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.