Animal Collection Officer
Animal Collection Officer 9 Months Fixed Term Contract
Location: N11, Sunderland, South Tyneside, Newcastle and Northumberland
Salary: £15,307 - £16,013 plus 8% Shift Allowance
Closing date: 16 May 2015
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
The main responsibilities of the post include being able to deal with animals of every description and collect, secure and transport them safely and humanely. To carry out animal euthanasia when necessary, and undertake or assist with animal rescues (subject to training and certificate of competence).
You will need:
1. Basic level of literacy and numeracy
2. Animal handling experience
3. A full, current, UK licence to drive a car with a manual gearbox
4. The ability to swim 50 metres fully clothed within 2.5 minutes
5. A good level of physical fitness
6. Confidence in own abilities
Whilst playing a key role within a team, the ACO must also be comfortable working alone. The role also involves regular contact with the public and external agencies and therefore a customer focus and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
The position is subject to a driving assessment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Standard Disclosure provided by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS).
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can apply in writing, to: Chief Inspector Michelle Charlton, Felledge Animal Centre, Beany Lane, Durham, DH2 3BF quoting reference ACO/861. We do not accept CVs.
Please send completed application form to the above address by the closing date of 18 February 2016.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and an employee assistance programme.
Established in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.