Casual Wildlife Assistant X 2
Casual Wildlife Assistant x 2
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Carry out all care and rehabilitation procedures, as defined in the centre protocols, for the benefit of orphaned & injured wildlife.
- Ensure the cleanliness and hygiene of all areas, including corridors, pens, aviaries, pools, treatment room, kitchen and storage areas, using if necessary specialised substances or equipment to a standard acceptable to the Wildlife Rehabilitation Team Manager, Manager and associate Veterinary Surgeon.
- Assist with the functioning and maintenance of all areas and facilities including examination room, aviaries, pools, pens, kitchen and storage areas.
- Where appropriately trained, to ensure the medication prescribed by the veterinary officer is correctly administered, and, in his/her absence, to oversee the safe handling of drugs and accurate record keeping.
- Assist the Wildlife Rehabilitation Team Manager by identifying animals in care that require moving to a different enclosure or animals that may be ready for release.
- Assist with the releases of wildlife and preparation of release sites as well as the transportation of the animal to the release site.
- Contribute to research projects, including radio-tracking in the field.
- Accurately record information and assist in the collation of statistics.
- Contribute to the induction, training and supervision of vocational experience students and volunteers
- Support the work of other member of the site team
- Other duties as directed by the Manager and Wildlife Rehabilitation Team Manager
The successful applicant should have: (qualifications etc):
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page.
Alternatively, you can request an application from: Bel Deering, RSPCA Mallydams Wood, peter James Lane, Fairlight, East Sussex, TN35 4AH, 0300 123 8350, or email
Please send your completed application form to the above address by the closing date of: noon on 1 June 2015
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and employee assistance programme.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.