Farm Livestock Officer
Farm Livestock Officer
Location: Home Based (Covering Midlands and Wales)
Salary: £25,634 - £27,096 per annum
Closing Date: 31 December 2015
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
We are seeking to recruit a Farm Livestock Officer, committed to animal welfare to join the RSPCA Farm Animals Department.
The post holder’s role will be to monitor members of the RSPCA Assured scheme, Freedom Food who are based within the Midlands (West) and Wales. The post holder will also assist with the continued development, implementation and enforcement of the RSPCA’s welfare standards for farm animals used within the Freedom Food scheme and beyond, as well as general advisory, advocacy and communication regarding farm animal welfare issues.
- Providing effective and efficient monitoring of Freedom Food members, within in a defined geographical area.
- Providing appropriate guidance to help new or existing members achieve and maintain compliance to the RSPCA welfare standards.
- Liaising externally and internally to promote higher welfare farming systems, including through involvement in trials/projects to further advance these systems and disseminating relevant information.
Skills and experience include:
- HND in agriculture, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Thorough knowledge and practical experience of a variety of livestock husbandry systems.
- Experience of farm visiting, and ideally experience either with farm assurance schemes or in the provision of technical advice to livestock farmers; experience and training in auditing of standards on-farm would be a distinct advantage.
Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to produce clear detailed visit reports Closing date for completed applications: 31st of December 2015
Interviews to take place at the RSPCA, Southwater, West Sussex
For details and an application form please visit the careers section on our website: www.rspca.org.uk or write to: email@example.com or Farm Animals Department, RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 9RS. Please quote reference code Ref: FLO/798
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and an employee assistance programme.Charity registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.