Veterinary Nurse - Wales
Location: Merthyr Tydfil Clinic, South Wales
Salary: £16,385 - £17,065 per annum
Closing date: 23 September 2016
The RSPCA, the world's largest and oldest animal welfare organisation, is looking for a qualified vet nurse to join the team at Merthyr Tydfil Clinic. You will thrive in a busy efficient and cheerful environment.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- undertake nursing duties including theatre, ward, and euthanasia duties as directed
- administer treatments (eg injections, medication, fluid therapy, dressing, first aid, euthanasia) as directed, and where permitted undertake minor surgical procedures
- dispense drugs in accordance with professional guidelines and hospital rules.
- Reception and cleaning duties as needed
The successful applicant should have:
- current registration with RCVS, or registerable equivalent qualification
- excellent administrative and organisational skills
- confidence in dealing with the public in animal welfare matters.
- experience of line management
A job description and application form can be downloaded from this website page. Should you have difficulty in downloading the information please contact: Jonathan Fitzmaurice, Senior Clinician, at email@example.com
Please send completed application forms to J Fitzmaurice, Merthyr Tydfil Clinic, The Willows, Abercanaid, Merthyr Tydfil, Mid Glamorgan, CF48 1Y
The closing date is: 23 September 2016
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and employee assistance programme.
Promoting kindness and preventing cruelty to animals.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.