Our latest news stories.
- We celebrate at the Animal Hero Awards
A life-saving deaf Springer Spaniel and one of our team members who helps vulnerable people and their pets were named animal heroes at our dazzling awards ceremony last night Thursday, 26 November.
- Wildlife centre heaving with hoards of hedgehogs
24.12.14 - Could a milder winter be to blame for a large number of hedgehogs admitted to our West Hatch Wildlife Centre?
- Make a Mockingjay's day and help Katniss find a home!
It may be a lot nicer than living underground in District 13, but this Katniss lookalike would love a new home in time for Christmas.
- Lottery grant saves our pioneering project
A lottery grant has come to the rescue of one of our pioneering projects, which had been under serious threat.
- One in five Southerners never bake with kids
A YouGov survey for Freedom Food, has revealed 19 per cent of parents never bake with their children
- Happy ending for Spencer the hog-tied dog
A dog whose legs were bound up by string and cable, then dumped in a Norwich park, has been rehomed.
- Information needed after two dumped puppies die
We're appealing for information about a sealed box of three puppies left on a doorstep in Tonbridge, Kent.
- Bird Flu outbreak at a Yorkshire duck farm
Defra has taken immediate action to prevent the spread of infection after the recent bird flu outbreak.
- We issue sycamore warning to horse owners
We're advising horse owners not to graze their animals near sycamore trees over concerns with poisoning.
- Help Santa Claus donate to the RSPCA!
We've formed a new and exciting festive partnership with Santa.co.uk. Every time you buy something from their website, they will make a donation to us.
- Tiny kitten rescued from oil drum
On the 3 November, we were called to rescue a tiny five week old kitten who was found in an oil container on an industrial estate in Watford.
- Heading towards a seal crisis
When an unexpected tidal surge hit the Norfolk coast last December more than 100 seal pups were left injured and stranded. We were called in to help rescue the orphaned pups and bring them back to full health.
- Poorly puppy dumped on Essex doorstep in sealed, soaking box
We’re appealing for information after a puppy was dumped on an Essex doorstep on the morning of Halloween.
- Kittens stuck down a drain
We assisted the fire brigade on Wednesday morning (5 November) when they rescued some newborn kittens. The kittens had got stuck down a drain in St John’s Avenue in Braintree, Essex.
- Mr Richard and Mrs Samantha Byrnes - an apology
On 16 May 2013, an RSPCA inspector responded to a call from a member of the public concerning ‘Claude’, an elderly cat belonging to Mr and Mrs Byrnes.
- Second international conference of dog population management
We’re pleased to announce the second international conference of dog population management, which will take place in Istanbul 2-5 March 2015.
- One week on Ziggy is on the road to recovery
Ziggy, the dog shot with a crossbow who warmed the hearts of the public, is on the road to recovery after narrowly escaping with his life.
- Is the full moon linked to rise in animal cruelty?
The full moon is linked to such things as a rise in crime, disasters, accidents and even werewolves. Now it seems it could also be to blame for an increase in animals abuse.
- Scared kitten found abandoned now looking for a new home
An eight-week-old kitten was found in Thorpe Road, Walsall on October 6 at around 10pm by a local family.
- Pet owners snub luxuries in favour of their pets
Pet owners who don’t want to leave their animals home alone miss out on luxuries such as holidays abroad and meals out, our new figures have revealed.
- Nine mysterious moggy myths debunked this Halloween!
We have more cats in our care than any other animal. This year we’ve taken in 20 per cent more than during the same period last year!
- Kitten dumped in box inside holdall and thrown over fence
We’re appealing for information after a kitten was dumped in a plastic box, shoved inside a zipped up holdall, and thrown over a fence near Brighton.
- Dog shot with crossbow bolt through head in Peterborough
We’re appealing for information after a dog was found with a crossbow bolt through his skull near Peterborough.
- Bill to save wild animals from circus life halted
We’ve joined forces with Born Free Foundation, British Veterinary Association and Captive Animals’ Protection Society to condemn the government on halting its own wild animals in circuses Bill.
- Thousands of animals dumped like rubbish
We've seen an alarming increase in animals being abandoned across England and Wales.
- We help fight firework fear for our four legged friends
We’re issuing advice for pet owners in the run up to another busy bonfire night season.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles may spark rise in abandonments
We’re bracing for an influx of terrapins as the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie is released on Friday, 17 October.