Our detailed RSPCA welfare standards have been developed to represent ‘best practice’ in the care and welfare of commercially-farmed turkeys at all stages of their lives.
RSPCA turkey standards working group
The members of the turkey working group have been chosen on the basis of the specific expertise they bring to the group in different areas of turkey welfare.
Current members of the group include:
- Ms Alice Clark (lead on turkey welfare, RSPCA)
- Dr Marc Cooper (poultry welfare specialist, RSPCA)
- Professor Sandra Edwards (independent chair)
- A representative of the turkey industry
- Ms Penny Sawyer (Bernard Matthews Farms)
- Mr Stephen Edge (ADAS)
- Mr Keith Warner (poultry veterinarian, Minster Vets)
- Mr Doug Ramsay (Cranberry Foods Ltd)
- Mr Bob Waller (Freedom Food)
- RSPCA Farm Livestock Officer
- Freedom Food Assessor