Our detailed RSPCA welfare standards have been developed to represent ‘best practice’ in the care and welfare of commercially-farmed sheep at all stages of their lives.
RSPCA sheep standards working group
The members of the working group have been chosen on the basis of the specific expertise they bring to the group in different areas of sheep welfare.
Current members of the group include:
- Dr Julia Wrathall (Farm Animals Department, RSPCA)
- Mr John Avizienius (Farm Animals Department, RSPCA)
- Sir Michael Simmons (independent chairman)
- Ms Lesley Stubbings (independent sheep production consultant)
- Mrs Kate Phillips (sheep production consultant, ADAS)
- Mr Huw Davies (sheep farmer and FAWC member)
- Mr Phil Stocker (NSA)
- Mr Paul Seabrook (sheep farmer)
- Mr Bob Waller (Freedom Food)
- RSPCA Farm Livestock Officer
- Freedom Food Assessor