Our detailed RSPCA welfare standards have been developed to represent ‘best practice’ in the care and welfare of commercially-farmed pigs at all stages of their lives.
RSPCA welfare standards for pigs (PDF: 2,476KB)
RSPCA pig standards working group
The members of the working group have been chosen on the basis of the specific expertise they bring to the group in different areas of pig welfare.
Current members of the group include:
- Ms Kate Parkes (lead on pig welfare, RSPCA)
- Dr Julia Wrathall (RSPCA)
- Mr Derek Armstrong (BPEX)
- Mr Jim Burling (East Anglian Pig Company)
- Professor Sandra Edwards (University of Newcastle)
- Mr Mark Hayward (producer, Dingely Dell Pork)
- Mr Mike Wijnberg (BQP and member of FAWC)
- Mr Bob Waller (Freedom Food)
- RSPCA Farm Livestock Officer
- Freedom Food Assessor