Our detailed RSPCA welfare standards have been developed to represent ‘best practice’ in the care and welfare of commercially-farmed chickens at all stages of their lives.
RSPCA chicken standards working group
The members of the working group have been chosen on the basis of the specific expertise they bring to the group in different areas of chicken welfare.
Current members of the group include:
- Dr Marc Cooper (lead on chicken welfare, RSPCA)
- Ms Alice Clark (poultry welfare specialist, RSPCA)
- Mr John Reed (Cargill)
- Mr Joe Lawson (Moy Park Ltd)
- Mr Andrew Maunder (Lloyd Maunder)
- Mr Bob Waller (Freedom Food)
- RSPCA Farm Livestock Officer
- Freedom Food Assessor