Passion or compassion?
- Watch the Every Breath podcast and ask students to consider the issues raised.
- Ask the students to complete the worksheet What do you think of animal experimentation?
- Show the results of a MORI poll undertaken in 2002 (see factsheet Public views on animal experimentation).
- Ask the students to plot a graph of these results and discuss them.
- RSPCA - Replacing animals
- RSPCA - All about animals - Laboratory animals
- Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
- Every Breath podcast - Y Touring Theatre Company
- Fund for the Replacement of Animals in Medical Experiments
- Home Office - Research and testing using animals
- National Centre for the Replacement, Refinement and Reduction of Animals in Research (NC3Rs)
- Nuffield Council on Bioethics
- RSPCA - Campaigns - Revision of EU lab laws