Butch and Pancake have been together for just over a year now (that’s how long they have now been in our care). They have become such a sweet ‘couple’ who snuggle up together when it’s cold and give each other a wash in parts they can’t reach themselves.
Butch is a cool rabbit with lots of personality; he is a big lazy oaf who spends most of the day just chilling out but occasionally will have a burst of energy and run full speed to the top of the garden and back again. He is easily approached and happy being stoked and will take food from your hand. Pancake is quite an independent rabbit; she likes to do her own thing and will happily potter around the garden to see what’s going on. She will occasionally hop over to see you but will soon be on her way again to see what else she can find. She is a bit better about being picked up than Butch but still isn’t desperately keen on it.
Despite being completely different characters these rabbits are devoted to each other and enjoy coming out into the garden where they will mooch about with you. They prefer to keep all four paws on the ground and aren’t really cuddly rabbits, but brilliant fun and quite comical all the same.
Butch is 5yrs and Pancake is 6 years
- 1Contact the branch or animal centre and arrange to visit them. To save time you can download and complete an application form below.
- 2The branch or animal centre will give you information on adopting an animal, including the cost, and can help you fill out the right forms.
- 3Following an assessment to match you with the right pet, you can meet the animals and reserve the animal you like.
- 4A home visit will then be carried out to check your home is suitable for the pet you have chosen
- 5When all the paperwork and checks are complete - you can take your new pet home!
- 6A follow-up visit is usually carried out to make sure that you, your family and your new pet are all happy.